Monday, March 1, 2010

My Artifact (Technology Lesson Plan)

I set up a Diigo account for myself so that I could do my own lesson plan from a student's point of view. I chose an example persuasive essay and used Diigo to mark specific points in an article. I used the sticky notes to identify the thesis, the main topics for each paragraph, and the opposing argument according to the handout that was mentioned in my last blog post (my lesson plan).

I am participating in the McKay School competition, so I will continue to develop my lesson plan. As I mentioned in my blog post about my lesson plan proposal, I will also be using mind mapping to teach persuasive writing. My lesson plan uses Diigo to introduce the mini unit on persuasive writing. This first lesson plan requires students to do something similar to this assignment. Later lessons will require students to use mind mapping in the ways I mentioned previously.

Here are some screen shots of my Diigo page.



No comments:

Post a Comment